Accelerating Innovations for Aging and Brain Health
Together with our partner, CABHI, Research Manitoba is pleased to announce the launch of the Accelerating Innovations for Aging and Brain Health Program.
Up to $200,000 CAD per project in matching funding is available to test market-ready innovations in Manitoba. This program is an opportunity for health system providers in Manitoba to test and evaluate innovative technologies built by solution providers, in a real-world environment. This program will accelerate the uptake of seniors' care innovations in the province.
Through Accelerating Innovations for Aging and Brain Health, projects must focus on evaluating the application and impact of the solution in seniors’ care settings, and have a clearly articulated plan for scale and spread beyond the test sites. Projects must commence by April 2019.
The deadline for applications is: January 29, 2019.
For 2018-2019, the Accelerating Innovations for Aging and Brain Health program is focusing on the following priority innovation themes. All projects considered for funding must focus on one or more of the following themes:
- Aging in place: solutions that enable older adults with dementia to maximize their choice, independence, and quality of life to enable aging in the most appropriate setting.
- Caregiver support: solutions that support caregivers (formal and informal) providing care to older adults with dementia.
- Care coordination and navigation: solutions that help older adults, caregivers, and healthcare providers coordinate care and transitions for older adults with dementia.
- Cognitive health: solutions that focus on promoting brain health, the prevention of brain disease, early diagnostics, and slowing the progression of cognitive impairment for older adults.
- Aging Indigenous and rural populations: solutions that address aging and brain health challenges particularly focusing on indigenous population and individuals in rural and remote areas
Two successful applicants will be funded for up to $200,000 of matching funds from Research Manitoba and CABHI. Research Manitoba and CABHI together will contribute a maximum of 50% of eligible project costs
How To Apply
More information can be found in the:
Accelerating Innovations for Aging and Brain Health Program Guide
List of Eligible Expenses
GMS User Guide
CABHI - Blog Post - Program Launch