Research contributes to the economy, the environment, our society, and more importantly – our future, which is why Research Manitoba is dedicated to supporting research in Manitoba.
We’d like to share four new stories with you, which highlight a few aspects of Manitoba’s research enterprise and the work that Research Manitoba is doing to support the Province’s vision. These stories are a sampling of the value that investing public funds into research in Manitoba can and does bring to our community.
If you have an idea for a story or would like to subscribe to the Research Today newsletter please email Kristen Hooper, our Communications Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Re-engineering SARS-CoV-2: How deconstructing the virus that causes COVID-19 could lead to a new vaccine
- Spring, 2020: Researcher Xiao-Jian Yao is working to develop a vaccine for COVID–19
- Spring, 2020: Gates Foundation teams up with researcher Meghan Azad for $6.5 million breast milk study
- Spring, 2020: Research Manitoba donates to Forough Khadem scholarship
- February 2020: New $800,000 program will help researchers and companies commercialize their work
- February 2020: New manager for strategic partnerships aims to maximize Manitoba’s research potential
- February 2020: DeepGeo illustrates how entrepreneurs and researchers can work together to create new economic opportunities
- February 2020: Former U of M student Andrea Kroeker is realizing her passion for research