Dr. Renaldo Battista, Scientific Director, Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS)
NATIONAL ALLIANCE OF PROVINCIAL HEALTH RESEARCH ORGANIZATIONS (NAPHRO)
This alliance of provincial health research funding agencies was created in 2003 to promote increased dialogue, linkages and partnership activities. Alliance members meet (via teleconference and face to face meetings) on a regular basis to share information and identify potential opportunities for working collaboratively on common issues.
Visit the NAPHRO website to learn more.
Executive Director: Renata Osika
Dr. Stephen Bornstein, Director of the Newfoundland Centre for Applied Health Research
Here are some examples of common interests NAPHRO members share:
- • Increased knowledge of peer agency programs and activities
- • Identifying opportunities for collaboration e.g. platform, technologies, clinical research support initiatives)
- • Evaluating the impact of health research
- • Strategies for working more effectively with national agencies in the planning,
implementation and evaluation of programs requiring matching or partnership funds
- • Implementing a nation-wide Common Curriculum Vitae (CCV) and a Canadian Health Research Directory
- • Health research leadership management development
Anyone wishing to communicate with the provincial health research funding agencies should contact each agency directly. There is, however, some opportunity to share information with NAPHRO agencies at their meetings. To arrange such an opportunity, please contact one of the co-chairs.
Members of NAPHRO are listed below, including links to their respective Web sites.
- Alberta Innovates- Health Solutions
- Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Quebec
- Research Manitoba
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research – BC (MSFHR)
- New Brunswick Health Research Foundation
- Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Applied Health Research
- Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation
- Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation