PhD Health Research Studentships
For 2019 Research Manitoba is holding a joint health research graduate studentship competition with the following partner institutions:
• CancerCare Manitoba Foundation
• Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba (CHRIM) supported by the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba
ONLY STUDENTS WHOSE RESEARCH IS AFFILIATED WITH EITHER OF THESE INSTITUTIONS (CANCERCARE OR CHRIM), ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS AWARD.
PhD Health Studentships support highly qualified PhD trainees in health to prepare for careers as independent researchers in industry or within Manitoba’s research enterprise. These exceptional students significantly increase the productivity of the research programs with which they are affiliated. All awards consist of an annual stipend for up to a maximum of one year .
To be eligible ALL studentship applicants must:
i. not simultaneously hold a university faculty appointment or equivalent or any major award for salary purposes;
ii. Currently be in or will be starting a full-time PhD program in September of the competition year;
iii. apply with a supervisor who is a university faculty member;
iv. by the effective date of the Award, be undertaking a full-time PhD program in the Province of Manitoba.
PhD students will be eligible to receive studentship funding for up to a maximum of one year in total at any point in their PhD degree.
Partner Eligibility Requirements
The following are eligibility requirements for funding from partner organizations:
• The supervisor of the trainee has an appointment with CancerCare Manitoba or the Research Institute in Oncology and Hematology (RIOH).
Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba (CHRIM)
• The supervisor of the trainee is a member of CHRIM;
• The project must be directly relevant to child health (basic, clinical, community/population health);
• The supervisor must have adequate operating funding for the trainee’s project;
• The award is for two years provided it is matched by the supervisor. If the supervisor cannot match the funding, the award will be for one year.
Everything your Supervisor and Department Head will need to know can be found in the: GMS User Guide for Department Heads and Supervisors
Referee Instructions Guide