In 2008, Research Manitoba undertook the development of a coordinated trainee competition among the various health research funding organizations in the province. The initial Coordinated Competition was a success, and in the years since, has further developed to include many other provincial and national agencies.
Research Manitoba has also developed a partnership with the Manitoba Medical Services Foundation for the support of clinician scientists, and with the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Manitoba for the support of a Manitoba Research Chair in Primary Prevention.
Only through further solid communication and collaborations will Manitoba develop its true capacity in health research for the benefit of all Manitobans.
Our Partners in funding include:
- Alzheimer Society of Manitoba
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research | Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada
- CancerCare Manitoba Foundation
- Crohn’s and Colitis Canada
- Health Sciences Center Foundation
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Manitoba
- Manitoba Institute for Child Health supported by the Childrens’ Hospital Foundation of Manitoba
- Manitoba Medical Service Foundation
- St. Boniface Hospital & Research Centre Foundation
- Terry Fox Research Institute
- The Lung Association, Manitoba
- University of Manitoba, Faculty of Dentistry
- University of Manitoba – Faculty of Graduate Studies
- University of Manitoba, Faculty of Pharmacy